Monday, October 30, 2006

WHEN I'M 84

Today a very smartly dressed old lady walked into the clinic to buy parking coupon. She spoke excellent English..and mumsie out of curiosity asked whether she was the one driving the car and she answered 'YES'. And mumsie asked for her age and she told us that she is 84 . Sraight away mumsie said a prayer and then I said my prayer aloud.. " Lord I pray that when I'm 84 I will be like this lady ...can still drive around!" Gosh you're good man...so old can still drive!!! Exclaimed Musmsie..and her answer was simple..."out of necessity.. There's nobody else to drive her !!!Mumsie's next question was how many children had she.. And she said she had 4 daughters but they're all overseas! Then without hesitation she added that her 'cobler' told her husband and her that quote " THE rich are very stupid...they sent their children overseas to study and they never come back...see mine all studied here and I have all of them around me" (FOOD FOR THOUGHT)
Then she walked very slowly out of the clinic to her car..ALL the clinic girls were facinated... dunno by her age or by her remarks! Mumsie would have loved to follow her out to see what car she drives!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can foresee you doing that in the future. driving around at 84, I mean. :)